ABOUT HOLT VILLAGE HALL
History The Hall was built as a single storey building in 1873 as a reading room for men who worked in the village. A second floor was added after the First World War in memory of those who gave their lives. During the Second World War, the Hall was used as a kitchen but closed shortly afterwards. The Hall re-opened in 1956 and has been used ever since as a Village Hall.
The land for the car park was purchased in 1970, having previously been the Bowling Green. The single storey extension (surgery, toilet block and skittle alley) was added in 1978. A Fire Alarm Sytem was installed at the beginning of 2011 for the additional protection of users.
The Hall has Public Liability Insurance protecting the hirer against injury or damage caused by defects in the Hall structure. However the organiser of an event should also consider separate Public Liability Insurance to cover accidents to their attendees. There is a large car park to the rear of the Hall with more than 40 marked spaces for Hall users.
All Hall users are asked to leave the Hall in the state in which they would wish to find it. Basic cleaning materials (dustpan, brush, vacuum cleaner, mop etc.) are provided for this purpose.
Main Hall. This room measures approx. 16m long by 6m wide plus the stage which measures 6m by 5m. capacity for events is as follows: standing audience: 300 seated audience: 150 function with tables: 150 dancing: 235
A well equipped and maintained hall providing a good kitchen,large hall with stage and an upper meeting room with fitted carpet. The hall offers free wifi and a wireless public address system.
Holt Village Hall, The Street, Holt, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 6QH
BOOKINGS & ENQUIRIES
Tel: 07421 838 343
For more information about this hall including licensing, events and capacity, please see the ‘Additional Information’ section to the right or below this description (on mobile devices). Facilities and features for this hall are listed at the top of the page (red icons).
Thank you for supporting your local village hall.